Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

re: Star Wars Saga Edition Roleplay, any interest?

wha.. what key? *quickly swallows key*
Intrepid Corsair
Chief Executive Officer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Bazak12 wrote:
wha.. what key? *quickly swallows key*

*sigh*. Readies the fun and friendly gaming droid:

Forum Image

Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

*downs a small bottle of some strange liquid and runs for it, while yelling* That droid doesn't look Fun OR Friendly!
Intrepid Corsair
Chief Executive Officer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Bazak12 wrote:
*downs a small bottle of some strange liquid and runs for it, while yelling* That droid doesn't look Fun OR Friendly!

haha

Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

Well let me know what you guys want to do, I'd be happy to teach others to play or maybe help co-GM a game, just as long as I am not doing the main stuff. I might be able to GM in the summer when I am not so busy, but until then I won't be able to do any heavy lifting. As far as the adventure packs I believe I have Dawn of Defiance somewhere on the computer, I know I have a couple of others here too, as well some campaign concepts as well.

~Malcom Rynolds, Serenity

Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Xerianaa
Veteran
Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

Ok, so I’ve had a thought. Reading through all the response it does seem like there is a good amount of interest, yet many of you are not sure of the rules, or simply do not have a lot of experience Roleplaying in general. As I was thinking about all this, I realized that this may be a great opportunity. For years I’ve wanted to play with a bigger pool of Roleplayers, and although Roll 20 exists, for me the uncertainty of the types of people I might encounter was just too much for me to commit to a game. After all a Roleplaying Game is social, you end up getting close to the people you game with, in a way that is completely different from an online game. You are essentially opening up your imagination to complete strangers, or friends, and trusting that they won’t say to you, “Your fun is wrong.” This is why I was so excited to find this guild of Christian gamers, whom I could trust were on the same page as me as far as the fundamentals of how to treat people go.

So, to get back on topic, what if take this opportunity to create a sort of Christian roll 20 section of the guild by teaching people how to GameMaster. My proposal is this, when summer starts, and I am no longer in school, I’ll begin GMing a Star Wars Saga Edition Roleplay game. I’ll run through a group of people, teach them the basics and help them to get the handle of the rules and such. Then after sometime, for example let’s say when players reach lvl 7, I would hand the reigns of the GM to one of the players. They would GM the game until another set point, and when that was over the next person would go and so on. This would give people a chance to learn the game, but also what it is like to Roleplay, it would also provide a “safe place” for people to learn how to GM without worrying about being responsible for the entire game.

This is something I’ve given a lot of thought and I really want to know what you guys think. Please if there are any questions, or if something is not clear, let me know and I’ll do my best to answer them.
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

sounds like a good idea to me, sort of like we each get to write a chapter of a book. i would be up for it at the very least. ill message eagle in case she hasn't checked out this thread,
i think she would be interested.
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

one thing though, as far as the rulebooks you posted go, it requires a Scribd account which asks for a subscription, which i would rather not spend money on.(neither do i have the money to spend if i were so inclined)
and im kinda iffy about giving my credit card and forgetting to cancel the auto billing for the trial.
Barinath
Community Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

I am debating things here and I still need to read the rules before I try anything.

"Also, I hate zombies"
Xerianaa
Veteran
Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

Bazak12 wrote:
sounds like a good idea to me, sort of like we each get to write a chapter of a book. i would be up for it at the very least. ill message eagle in case she hasn't checked out this thread,
i think she would be interested.

Make sure the version you are looking at are the Optimized ones, or else yes it will require an account. I totally understand that, I do not have an account myself, nor would I be willing to pay for one. I had thought that I sent the free links, but i must have done the wrong ones.

Try this one, it should be the free one, if not just look up Optimized versions of the books.
https://www.scribd.com/doc/39166201/SW-Saga-Core-Rulebook-Optimized
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

no worries, i believe eagle found another place to get them as well.
Kyrath56
Media Supervisor
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

I think that sounds like a really good idea, and I would be willing to give it a shot!

Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

I am going through a GM tutorial on youtube now. Perhaps I can leap into it, the GM roll is one I have been interested in for a while. It will take a while, and I still would need to review the core books, and write any campaign, and find a partridge in a pear tree. Not sure how well I will be, but willing is for sure there.

"Also, I hate zombies"
Xerianaa
Veteran
Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

Great, I'm glad you guys are interested. I would not worry too much about knowing all the rules and going through the books, as I will be more then happy to explain them as we go, as well as giving general tips about GMing along the way. I would really like to treat this as less of a by the books full on campaign, and more of a learning experience. Really for me the best thing that I did, as far as Roleplay, was to just start GMing. I started with my little brothers and worked my way up to my adult friends. I would really like to do a session 0 with everyone who is interested so that we can get a feel for what everyone is expecting and or, is wanting out of the experience. I finish with school in about the middle of May, so as soon as we can get a scheduled and do a session 0 I can begin writing and setting up for the actual campaign.

~Malcom Rynolds, Serenity

Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Eagle Call
Staff Emeritus
Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight

Well, it's free in that I can view it in the browser, but there is no way to download it without signing up. What does optimized version mean? Now I'm wondering if the other source I found is the right version...

I've been watching this thread, but holding back on getting into it. Partly because I'm not that fluent in Star Wars, and mostly because I was focusing on Holy Lands and trying to build my own campaign for it. But I'm getting overwhelmed, and reluctantly realize I really do need more experience first. So playing this, especially with the specific goal of teaching us to GM, would be great!

Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Shieldmaiden of the Saints! "I am no man!"
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: