Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Xerianaa
Veteran
Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

re: Star Wars Saga Edition Roleplay, any interest?

Hello everyone, I know many of you do not know me as I am very new to the guild and have, so far, been a part of only one game here in the guild. I am known as Xeriana (Z-air-ee-ona) I joined the guild almost four months ago, now, to play in Holy Lands. Some of you might know about the small amount of us who play Holy Lands on Saturday nights, to those of you who do not know, Holy Lands is a Pen and Paper rpg in which we fight monsters and “Role-play” a character as they go through an adventure. Role-play is something that I enjoy, in some ways, more than video games which is why I am so excited for our Saturday night get to-gathers. I love playing with other believers and getting to use my imagination, something I do not think I get to do often enough. Another thing that I love is Star Wars, even though recently some of their decisions have been a bit disheartening. Due to the same reasons 3G no longer supports SWTOR, I no longer play the mmorpg, though it was one of my favorite games.

That is why I wanted to ask and get a feel for what people thought about playing in a Saga Edition Pen and Paper Star Wars Role-playing game. Now really quick I am not saying that I am starting a campaign right now, as I am a bit busy with real world things to GM one myself at this time. Yet I still have a desire to play in a Star Wars setting and so I thought, “Hey, there is no harm in asking, right?” So that is why I am posting this here, to see what the reaction is and if anyone would be willing to start one up, or even if there is even any interest. To be honest I had so much fun playing Holy Lands with the members of the guild that it makes me want to play even more with other believers. If you are still reading this, thank you, I know it’s a bit longer then I intended, but I believe in being clear. So, what do you think?

P.S I’m not sure I’m posting in the correct forum so please move me to the correct one if I am wrong.
Recklan

There are a few of us who have been waiting on Brato for a few years now to start a Star Wars campaign up. I'd love to play it but I have 0 experience in table top RPGs.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Intrepid Corsair
Chief Executive Officer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Welcome to the Guild. Even though your post was basically an introduction it included a lot about roleplaying so I see no reason to move it. Hopefully, as Recklan mentioned, Brato will start one of these TTRPGs up. There are quite a few of us here in Saints3G who love this kind of gameplay.

Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

Long time no see xerianaa Happy

if anyone does start up a campaign, id be willing to join in. im hoping however long down the road it might happen that when barjona's life is calm enough he starts holy lands back up again.

id like to see a D&D campaign sometime myself, but since im not involved in any game atm ill take what i can get. I would be interested in DM'ing but im not willing to try my hand at it without having more experience playing a tabletop game, as holy lands is my only experience with it.
Barinath
Community Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

I would not mind joining in myself, just not to the point to where I could GM it. Going through some rather big changes here at home and I may have time in a bit, but then, I may not.

"Also, I hate zombies"
Xerianaa
Veteran
Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

Bazak12 wrote:
Long time no see xerianaa Happy

if anyone does start up a campaign, id be willing to join in. im hoping however long down the road it might happen that when barjona's life is calm enough he starts holy lands back up again.

id like to see a D&D campaign sometime myself, but since im not involved in any game atm ill take what i can get. I would be interested in DM'ing but im not willing to try my hand at it without having more experience playing a tabletop game, as holy lands is my only experience with it.

Hey Bazak, likewise

Yeah I get is Storytelling can be tough, I know when I first started I had only played for two game nights and then our Rac, or "Storyteller" had to drop. The only reason that I cannot lead a campaign myself is that I already em leading one and that's my limit during the school year.

Yet if anyone was interested in getting started but was not sure about rules, or just have never led a game before, I'd be happy to help them out and get them started. I know you can get most of the books for free on Scribid and I have a few pre-made campaigns on my computer somewhere.

For the last two years this has really become my hobby and I'd love to share it with others, its just hard enough splitting school and Storytelling for another campaign, plus juggling real life, but I still wanted to what the interest was here in the guild.
Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

well, it couldn't hurt to take a look at em, if you can link me where to download the books, i can take a look at em. though as far as star wars im not terribly confident in doing good storytelling in a sci-fi/science-fantasy setting, high fantasy to low or no fantasy would be more my comfort zone as far as settings. (though i have read a decent amount of hard sci-fi and space opera stuff)

i know eagle is looking at making a Holy lands campaign at the moment too.
Kyrath56
Media Supervisor
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

I would also be interested in a Star Wars campaign if it got started. Kylar probably would be too. In theory, I might have time over the summer to try GM'ing, although I don't have any real experience doing so. But I do have plenty of Star Wars experience to draw from.

Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

Sorry it taken me so long to respond, my computer just decided to shut down, so I've been dealing with that. Anyway here are the links to a couple of books I use very often.
The Core Book of the Game
https://www.scribd.com/doc/39166201/SW-Saga-Core-Rulebook-Optimized
Knights of the Old Repbulic Supplment
https://www.scribd.com/doc/31674112/Star-Wars-Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-Campaign-Guide-Saga-Edition-WTC21827
The Star Wars equivalent to a monster manual
https://www.scribd.com/doc/294773250/Star-Wars-Roleplaying-Game-Saga-Edition-Threats-of-the-Galaxy
This book is mostly about Skill Challenges, a good add for something other then combat to do in a campaign
https://www.scribd.com/doc/39166636/SW-Saga-Galaxy-of-Intrigue-Optimized

These are just a couple of the books, a full list can be found in the link below, as well as an excellent website for all things Star Wars saga edition. It acts at an index for the books as well some other things.
http://www.starwarsrpgindex.com/
B00TS

I am guessing the April 1st post was not a fool's joke....I will take a look at the scribd links this weekend. But first, I am another one that has never roleplayed with dice or table. However, I have some experience with assassin daggers and guild strongholds that have been unscripted multi-guild, inter-guild, and inner guild spontaneous in-game RP interactions in a mmorpg setting. It is more like a living story with many writers interacting live online within the setting of a game.

I could not even begin to know the first thing about table top, but I love the Star Wars setting and still dabble with SWTOR (minus the politically correct stuff). I am between games and am waiting for Myst's next generation game, Obduction, slated for June. What period on the timeline is the saga edition?

Bazak12
Veteran
Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

if its any help i looked it up and the best i could find from my quick google lookover was that it is in the era of the six star wars films. (obviously not the new one.)
Xerianaa
Veteran
Young Jedi Padawan

Young Jedi Padawan
Awarded:

The books cover all the timelines, they are just guidelines and can be used for any era or any sort of star wars story you can think of.

The system is a d20 D&D type, so if you have any familiarity with that, this will be easier.

There are other systems for a star wars Roleplay game, but in my expericence Saga is the best because it allows the most room for storytelling.
Torshan
Honorary Staff
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master

Back in the day, I think Wizards of the Coast released a downloadable campaign called Dawn of Defiance which takes place between Episodes III and IV.

Jedi General

Jedi General

Awarded:

*Gets sudden gleam his in eyes, remembering someone mention that Torshan has DM experience and silently stares at torshan with puppy dog eyes while holding kittens and the keys to jao's brownie stash*
Intrepid Corsair
Chief Executive Officer
Elder Jedi Grand Master

Elder Jedi Grand Master

Bazak12 wrote:
*Gets sudden gleam his in eyes, remembering someone mention that Torshan has DM experience and silently stares at torshan with puppy dog eyes while holding kittens and the keys to jao's brownie stash*

How DID you get the keys to Jao's brownie stash?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: